Monday, October 12, 2009

marimekko orgy!









i was in harvard square yesterday during the wildness that was Oktoberfest, and my heart skipped a beat when i walked past the old crate and barrel store ( a classic ben thompson structure a mass of concrete and glass), and saw that it had been transformed into an orgy of vintage marimekko. it couldn't have been a more brigadoon moment when for a moment i thought a new store had opened with these things for sale. well, no such luck.! i have so much nostalgia for these wonderful lively prints that have been a huge influence on my design oevre.

1 comment:

  1. Jill, we must have crossed paths– I was there on Sunday too and couldn't believe how gorgeous the windows were! Having never heard of Marimekko, my husband couldn't quite share in my joy. But I'd say orgy is the perfect word to describe the windows.

    ReplyDelete